I have many women of transgender experience who are exploring lesbian identity.
I have extensive experience working with the nuances of sexual and gender identity.
Issues often addressed in therapy include:
- Coming out
- Gief and Loss associated with life transition, coming out, aging
- Self esteem and the “beauty culture”
- Building community
- Stressors sometimes associated with coming out, marginalization and discrimination within the LGBT community
- Relationship Negotiation with partners-boundaries, sexuality and identity (loss of lesbian classification)
- Self Acceptance
- Heteronormativity, sexism, and internalized transphobia
- Sexual Orientation exploration (questioning sexuality upon transition)
- Shame, depression and anxiety associated with stigma, violence, bullying, abuse associated with transness
- Making a living while being your authentic self